Environmental Policy Statement
Axiom Structures Limited will control and manage its activities to ensure risks to the health, safety and welfare of its employees, clients and the general public are identified and action taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
Adverse effects of operational activities on the environment will be minimised as far as practicable.
The objectives of the policy are: –
• To comply with its legal obligations under the current Health, Safety and Welfare Act and the Environmental Protection Act, together with all other applicable statutory provisions and relevant codes of practice.
• To promote health, safety and environmental awareness throughout the organisation.
• To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, with adequate facilities appropriate to the nature of the business activities.
• To minimise the social impact of the company activities and avoid damage to the environment.
We endeavour to take account of the economic, social and environmental impact of our activity on the local community and the environment and will continually strive to improve our social, environmental and health and safety performance, with the objective of ensuring that our activities contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate.
Measures currently in place within the company’s offices include:
1. Reducing the use of paper within the office to a minimum by communicating in person or by e-mail and using an electronic filing system.
2. Recycling waste paper and other waste including plastics and redundant computer equipment.
3. Encouraging staff to use public transport or cycling both generally, in travelling to and from work and for business activities, in particular meetings and site visits.
4. Switching off unused equipment wherever possible.
Site visit to inspect the installation of the West Wing frame
Temporary façade steelwork and demolition of the internal structure complete
Purpose built five storey block in North London
Steel podium deck supporting a new lightweight metsec frame system in Hayward Heath